The secret to Swerve's zero-calorie sweetness is a combination of erythritol and oligosaccharides. Erythritol is made by fermenting glucose with Moniliella pollinis, a natural microorganism, similar to fermentation processes that occur in breweries. Erythritol also naturally occurs in many fruits and vegetables like melons, grapes and asparagus, and the FDA classifies it as a zero-calorie, 4-carbon sugar alcohol that does not affect blood glucose. Oligosaccharides are sweet, non-digestible carbohydrates sourced from select fruits and starchy root vegetables. Oligosaccharides are prebiotic fibers, so they're not only tasty, but they can help multiply beneficial gut bacteria. Swerve sources the highest quality raw materials available. Cup-for-cup, Swerve replaces sugar in all of your recipes. If you need a half cup of sugar, simply replace with a half cup of Swerve. And you won't get any bitter aftertaste that many people associate with high intensity sweeteners like stevia and monkfruit.
- ALL YOUR SUGAR REPLACEMENT STAPLES: A bag of Granular for replacing white sugar, a bag of Confectioners for replacing powdered sugar, and a bag of Brown for replacing Brown Sugar.
- TASTES AMAZING: Swerve is sweet and delicious. It is a natural sugar replacement that doesn't have the bitter aftertaste associated with other sweeteners like stevia and monkfruit.
- MEASURES LIKE SUGAR: If your recipe calls for a cup of sugar, simply replace with a cup of Swerve. Since it measures just like sugar, using Swerve in your favorite recipes will be a breeze.
- ZERO NET CARBS: The ingredients in Swerve don't affect blood sugar, so the carbohydrates it contains are considered non-impact.
- NON-GMO VERIFIED: Only the highest quality ingredients are used.