Product Description The most tender green tea leaves are hand rolled into small pearls and scented with fresh jasmine blossoms. The fragrant flowers are mated five times with the tea according to traditional tea scenting techniques that date back over nine centuries. This high quality jasmine tea from Fujian Province has a sweet aromatic flavor with bright floral notes. About Numi: Numi is a labor of love by a brother and sister. She is the artist and he is the alchemist behind all of Numi’s blends. Their exceptional-tasting teas are captured in unique blends that use the highest quality organic, non-GMO ingredients sourced directly from Fair Trade Certified gardens. Numi combines premium full-leaf quality teas and herbs with only 100% real fruits, flowers and spices. “Through authenticity, creativity, and commitment to people and planet, Numi brings you the purest, best tasting organic tea” About the Brand Numi's vision is to inspire well-being of mind, body, and spirit through the simple art of tea. Numi elevates the tea experience through quality, creativity, and authenticity. We are grateful to those who contribute to our tea journey, and we hope to have a positive impact on all members of our "Communitea"--from farmer to packer to our fellow tea drinker. Conscientious of the impact of our actions, we aspire to be environmentally responsible and globally sustainable by using recyclable and biodegradable packaging and sustainable bamboo in our merchandising. The Numi Journey In the fall of 1999, brother and sister Ahmed and Reem had a vision-to revive the serenity, creativity, and comfort that is inspired by the simple art of tea. Both artistic souls and world explorers, the two siblings have combined their belief in the transcendental properties of tea with their individual passions for photography, art, and culture. The result of this blend was Numi Tea, a refreshing and innovative selection of teas and teasans that awaken the palate, inspire the soul, and gracefully enhance water's unique potential. The brother and sister duo behind Numi Tea Ahmed, the master alchemist behind Numi's blends, discovered the calming simplicity of tea and herbal teasans while living in Prague, Czech Republic, where he co-owned and ran two teahouses. A distinguished photographer, Ahmed used his artistic and intuitive nature as a foundation for his innovative and artisan approach to the blending of teas. Fluent in English, Arabic, French, German and Czech, Ahmed is a citizen of the world; each pot of Numi tea is an amalgamation of his worldly cultural knowledge, his in-depth understanding of teas, and his appreciation for quality. Ahmed's sister Reem has a background that is almost as diverse as the selection of Numi teas. Before the advent of Numi, Reem, a biomedical engineer, moved to Italy to nurture her artistic aspirations. Reem has exhibited her artwork around the world in San Francisco, New York City, Melbourne, and Florence. But you don't need to be a globetrotter to admire her artwork--Reem's original paintings are also exhibited on each one of Numi's packages. Inspired by her brother's photos and by the meditative nature and timeless essence of tea, Reem painted Numi's artwork using oil on small tin plates, with imagery that evokes a slower, more contemplative way of being. Reem believes that tea, like art, has a universal essence and is a portal for self-reflection. What started as a dream in Reem's small Oakland apartment moved to a lovely 25,000 squrare-foot space on the Oakland waterfront and has progressed into an exciting and delicious journey. Since its beginning, Numi has carved a distinct path in the U.S. tea world by introducing exotic teas such as Rooibos (Red Tea), Lemon Myrtle, Honeybush, and Dry Desert Lime, and also by offering full-leaf tea in teabags, without added oils or flavorings. Numi continues to pave the way and set new tea trends, most recently with its creation of the hand-sewn and handcrafted "Flowering Tea
- THE FINEST JASMINE: The most tender green tea leaves are hand rolled into small pearls and scented with fresh organic jasmine blossoms. The fragrant flowers are mated five times with the tea according to traditional tea techniques dating back 9 centuries.
- GREEN TEA IS HIGH IN ANTIOXIDANTS--Rich in superfood bioflavonoids and moderately caffeinated green tea is a healthy alternative to coffee or soda. Get an energy boost without the jitter & crash of coffee plus the great flavor of our premium organic tea.
- Numi offers premium organic full leaf quality teas & herbal teasans blended w/ only 100% real fruits, flowers, & spices, & no natural or artificial flavors; fragrance free, sugar free. Try our black, green, white, pu-erh, rooibos, herbal, & turmeric teas.
- USDA Certified, Organic, Non-GMO Verified, ethically sourced & farmed Fair Trade Certified & Fair Labor Verified ingredients, Carbon Free, Vegan, Gluten-free, Halal, Kosher, B Corporation, post-consumer recyclable & biodegradable sustainable packaging.
- Our premium organic teas compare favorably to Choice, Traditional Medicinals, Tazo, Rishi, Twinings, Yogi, Bigelow, Stash, Harney and Sons, Celestial Seasonings, Davidsons, The Republic of Tea, Taylor's of Harrogate, Teavana, Prince of Peace, Tea Forte.