Featuring Noctua’s AAO frame and sophisticated aerodynamic design measures such as Flow Acceleration Channels, the NF-A9x14 is a highly optimised, premium quality quiet fan in 92x14mm size. Due to its thickness of only 14mm, the NF-A9x14 is a perfect match for low profile CPU coolers and all other applications that require slimmer fans. Noctua’s custom-designed PWM IC for fully automatic speed control and reference class SSO2 bearings guarantee superb running smoothness and excellent long-term stability. Topped off with modular cabling, a Low-Noise Adaptor and 6 years manufacturer’s warranty, the NF-A9x14 is a premium choice for the highest demands.
- Measuring only 14mm in thickness, the NF-A9x14 is much slimmer. This makes it ideal for all applications where standard fans would take up too much space, such as low profile CPU coolers in HTPC builds or server environments.
- The NF-A9x14 impeller features suction side Flow Acceleration Channels. By speeding up the airflow at the crucial outer blade regions, this measure reduces suction side flow separation and thus leads to better efficiency and lower vortex noise.
- Noctua's AAO (Advanced Acoustic Optimization) frames feature integrated anti-vibration pads as well as Noctua's proprietary Stepped Inlet Design and Inner Surface Microstructures, both of which further refine the fan's performance/noise efficiency.
- Noctua's Stepped Inlet Design adds turbulence to the influx in order to facilitate the transition from laminar flow to turbulent flow, which reduces tonal intake noise, improves flow attachment and increases suction capacity.
- With the tips of the fan blades ploughing thru boundary layer created by Inner Surface Microstructures, flow separation from suction side of the blades is significantly suppressed, which reduced blade passing noise, improved airflow, pressure efficiency.
- Integrated Anti-Vibration Pads made from extra-soft silicone minimize the transmission of minute vibrations while maintaining full compatibility with all standard mounting systems and fan clips used on heat sinks.
- The NF-A9x14 features the further optimized second generation of Noctua's renowned, time-tested SSO bearing. With SSO2, the rear magnet is placed closer to the axis to provide even better stabilization, precision and durability.
- Supporting fully automatic PWM speed control, the NF-A9x14 uses Noctua's novel, custom designed NE-FD1 PWM IC that integrates Smooth Commutation Drive (SCD) technology. By providing smoother torque impulses, SCD suppresses PWM switching noises and thus makes the fan quieter at lower speeds.