Levoit air purifiers avoid using UV-C light, an air cleaning method that research has shown can produce harmful ozone and secondary pollution. Please follow the details and FAQs below. Q: How safe are UV purifiers? The biggest issue with UV purifiers is that they emit varying levels of ozone. Even very small amounts of ozone in the air may result in chest pain, coughing, shortness of breath, and throat irritation. In fact, The World HealthOrganization (WHO) has issued a warning against people using UV light to sterilize their hands or any other part of their skin. Q: How effective are UV purifiers? Not very. Microbes have to spend some time in front of the UV light before they’re destroyed. The EPA explains that microbes must be exposed to the light “on the order of minutes and hours rather than the few seconds typical of most UVGI air cleaners".
- Quick Purification: Breathe in fresh air where it matters most with the Vital 100. It purifies the air 3. 3 times per hour in a room as large as 300 sq. ft.
- Reliable Coverage: The Vital 100 has a CADR of 130 CFM / 221 m³/h, which is perfect for living rooms, bedrooms, offices, nurseries, and kitchens
- Compact & Efficient: The Vital 100's compact size allows you to save space in your home, while its large air intake makes it effective at trapping pet hair and other intrusive particles
- Ozone Free: Use your Vital 100 with peace of mind. Levitt air purifiers are always 100% ozone free and never use UV-C light or anion purification methods that can cause harm to the user
- Ideal for Home: Washable preliminary filter traps large particles such as pet fur, hair, and lint. Its activated carbon filter absorbs unpleasant odors such as cooking smells or smoke. The True HEPA filter captures 99. 97% of particles as small as 0. 3 µm such as allergens, dust, germs, and dander from dogs and cats
- LED Display: You can easily turn off the Vital 100's LED display to create a darker sleeping environment
- Quiet Environment: Create a clean yet peaceful environment undisturbed by your air purifier. The Vital 100 makes as little as 23dB of sound, which is quieter than a whisper
- Safe & Certified: CARB Certified, FCC Certified, and ETL Listed. Note: please remove the filter's plastic packaging before using your air purifier