Not quite a spoon, not quite a spatula, but rather a bit of both.
It's called a spurtle. And it's the must-have tool for anyone who spends time in the kitchen! Crafted from premium Pakkawood, these spurtles are sturdy and lightweight for efficient use. The Pakkawood material is infused with vibrant colors, which will add style to your kitchen any day of the week, and are perfect for stirring or scraping pots without scratching them. You'll find yourself reaching for these every day.
Originating from Scotland, the spurtle was originally meant for stirring oatmeal. It's sleek design, ideal for both stirring quickly and efficiently, as well as for scooping porridge from the pot with its elongated design, caught on quickly.
Now you, too, can own your very own spurtle, a unique and versatile tool for anyone! Includes three spurtles, one 9" long, one 11" long, and the other a full 13" long. Use the short ones for mixing up bowls of ingredients and stirring other dishes, and the long slotted one for stirring and draining soups. You can even use any two simultaneously to toss salads.
Some common uses for the spurtles include:
Whisk batter and dough
Scoop sauces and condiments
Frost cakes or cupcakes
Stir porridge, soup, and pasta
Serve sticky foods like mashed potatoes or casserole
Combine two spurtles for excellent salad tossers
You won't regret your purchase, nor the experience of using your very own spurtle set in your kitchen today.
- BEAUTIFY YOUR KITCHEN WITH EXOTIC WOOD - Replace your boring plain black utensils with colorful & exotic pakkawood to spice up your space and bring new life to your kitchen. Our pakkawood is made from layers of premium hardwood and infused with chemical-free, 100% natural food grade dyes to create colorful patterns and shapes.
- SCRATCH-PROOF & SAFE ON NON-STICK COOKWARE - Crate Collective pakkawood wooden utensil sets are fully nonstick and highly resistant against stains and wilting. These wooden spoons will not leave scratches on your cookware, including stainless steel, ceramic, and cast iron pots and pans. Lightweight, yet durable and gentle, these beautifully designed kitchen tools get the job done in style.
- 3-PIECE SET - This 3-piece set includes everything you'll need for cooking all types of meals. The 13" Slotted Spurtle is great for stirring, serving, and draining soups and pastas. The 11" & 9" Spurtles are perfect for scraping hard-to-reach areas in your pots or baking dishes, spreading condiments, icing cakes, and stirring meats and vegetables.
- EARTH FRIENDLY & GOOD FOR THE ENVIRONMENT - Kick your plastic spoons & spatulas to the curb and invest in a product that's good for the earth! Unlike traditional cookware tools, pakkawood is fully biodegradable and chemical free, meaning it's good for you AND the planet. No need to worry about melting or burning plastics into your food.
- COMES CLEAN IN SECONDS - These non-stick utensils are easy to clean and maintain, taking the hassle out of kitchen cleanup. Hand wash with warm water and soap, and towel dry for best results. *We do not recommend soaking for long periods of time, as prolonged exposure to water can damage wood.