ORGANIC TYPE 80 WHEAT FLOUR This blend of Hard Red Wheat has been designed for artisan bread by Artisan Bread Bakers. Our Type 80 flour is perfect for sourdough, rustic European, and American style breads of any shape and size. This flour also works very well in bread machines and for making: laminated doughs (like croissants); quick breads (like banana bread); brownies; and, is spectacular for making cookies with a chewy texture. Type 80 refers to the amount of ‘ash’ (which are minerals) that remain in the flour after the wheat has been milled. The higher mineral content increases the nutritional value of the flour without compromising its baking performance. This flour is not quite white flour and not quite whole wheat flour, but looks very similar to the All Purpose flour you are used to. WHO WE ARE We are the Farmer, the Miller, and the Baker working together to preserve American farmland for tomorrow while providing the highest quality flour and grains to the bakers of today. We are employee owned and operated, which means we are personally invested in the quality of our products and our relationships with customers and suppliers alike. For us, premium starts at the source. We work directly with our farmers to sustainably grow grains that have exceptional flavor, nutrient content, color and baking performance. “Farm to Fork” is a popular term nowadays. But this idea – understanding where your food comes from – is something we’ve practiced since the beginning. Transparency is good for our customers, for food safety and for the consumer. Today, thanks to modern technology, we can trace every one of our products back to the farm where it was grown and provide our customers with detailed specifications for every lot of grain that run through our mills. THAT is ultimate transparency.
- Best for artisan bread & pizza but also great for cookies and other ‘All Purpose Flour’ applications.
- The wheat used in this flour is grown organically in high mountain valleys on family owned farms.
- Milled 100% whole and sifted to a lighter color to replicate European styles of flour.
- Contains no additives, is certified Organic, GMO-Free, Kosher, and Vegan.
- Over 150 years old, Central Milling is one of our country’s oldest continuously operating flour mills and is Employee-Owned.