Think you can come up with a girl's name containing the letters "Q" and "Y" in 60 seconds? Or a food or drink using "H" and "J"? There will truly be times when Wordplay for Kids will be anything but child's play. Designed for players 6 to 12 years, this combo of word building and racing to the finish line invites youngsters to come up with the longest word they can in order to gain the most spaces on the board. The spinner selects the two letters that must appear in the word, the die roll selects the category the word must fit. The enclosed rules are simple and, with one exception, easy to understand (you may want to adopt a house rule clarifying whether or not the word must begin with one of the two spun letters, or merely contain it). And it'll probably take only one fight between the player who composed "Patty" and the "Patricia-Elizabeth" wordsmith, before you'll want to outlaw the use of hyphens. Those preteens can be soooo devious. --Tony Mason
- Wordplay for Kids is a Teacher's Choice Award Winner!
- Fun word challenge game for kids to develop word building, vocabulary, spelling and concentration
- No waiting your turn - all players form words in every round
- Includes game board, sand timer, spinner, game pads, game pieces, die, pencils and instructions
- An award winnder! Great for Family Game Night!