The game is called Wit's End, which is just where you might find yourself when playing this lively contest of lateral, literal, and level-lifting thinking. Players try to reach the summit of the board by answering questions in four categories such as Odd 1 Out, Teaser, Sequence, or the ever-troubling Wild Card--a nerve-jangling catchall for trivia, slang, quotations, and time-limited queries. Wit's End is tougher than most trivia-based games, and it's deceptive, too. Players needn't answer all categories to win, so how tough can it be to move up the board? Well, for every "Arrange Jaws, The Sting, and Star Wars by release date" there's a "Borneo is to 3, as Hispanola is to: 1, 2, 3, or 4?" (And it's got nothing to do with number of syllables--we peeked.) If you can name four European countries starting with S (while an opponent counts to 30), can you do as well with "millimeter is to centimeter, as chain is to: link, decimeter, furlong, or ounce"? There's also an optional "Sorry!" feature that allows you to bounce an opponent down a level for correct answers to certain questions. Smart and sophisticated, with a soupçon of luck, Wit's End is a game to challenge both great wits and those only halfway there. --Tony Mason
- More than just trivia, Wit's End is a game of brain teasers and riddles in diverse categories.
- In TEASERS, you solve mind riddles; In ODD-1-OUT, you find which one of the four options does not belong.
- In SEQUENCE, put things in order (by year, weight, size etc); in WILD CARD, anything goes.
- Includes 1200 questions about popular culture, geography, arts, history, science and more...
- An Award Winner! Ages 16 to Adult.