How to backwash Backwashing is essential for keeping the Filterstraw in good condition and making it easy to use multiple times. After drinking, blow air through the mouthpiece frequently, or drain the Filterstraw by shaking out as much water as you can. After using, remove the mouthpiece and flush it with clean water. (A standard water bag can be used, or a pop bottle with a standard thread diameter of 27.5mm can be filled with clean water to backwash the Filterstraw.) Cap the filter tightly after it has dried. Note: Do not use chemicals to clean the Filterstraw because they will shorten the service life of the carbon fiber filter. Working principle There are many micro-fibrous tubes in the 0.1-micron hollow fiber filters. They can prevent protozoa from going through the outer walls of the tubes, while water can easily pass through them. The principle of micro-fibrous tubes is similar to that of medical dialysis technology. Therefore, water going through the Filterstraw will be clean and safe.
- Premium materials: Effectively Removes 99% of harmful substances. The adoption of high-grade coconut shell activated carbon fiber improves odor and taste, ensures the water safety and delivers better drinking experience.
- Versatile uses: Use with water bags or connect to water bottles to filter water for drinking. Both ends can be disassembled and connected to water bags and water bottles to offer you clean drinking water anywhere, anytime.
- Outdoor water needs: Fulfill all your outdoor water demands: hiking, camping, domestic and international travel, emergency preparedness (tornadoes, rainstorms, earthquakes, floods, etc.).
- Innovative super-wash design: No need for the extra syringe to backwash. It eliminates cumbersome fittings and saves space, bringing you pure water with the greatest convenience and comfort.
- Smaller frame: With a smaller frame but bigger capacity, the Waterdrop Filterstraw can provide up to 100,000 gallons of safe drinking water. It easily absorbs water and can quench your thirst instantly. Match with water bags or bottles for the ultimate drinking experience.