The most basic infantry building block was the infantry regiment (referred to as a “battalion” in Hardee’s drill manual, which was used by both sides). In both North and South the infantry regiments were organized on similar lines. A regiment typically comprised ten companies, each numbering 100 men, supported by staff, drummers and officers. However, the rigors of warfare would summarily lead to a reduction in strength by way of battle, disease and desertion, and a regiment's numbers could vary wildly. Unlike the North, the general policy of the Confederacy was to send raw recruits to reinforce existing regiments in an effort to keep them at fighting strength. This also bestowed the recruits with the benefit of learning from more experienced fighters. This box contains enough miniatures to make: Three Regiments (of 100 men each), Three Cannons and Three Mounted Commanders.
- From the popular game of Black Powder, brought to you by Warlord Games, comes one of the most pivotal wars in American history: American Civil War. Dividing a nation between the North and South, the Union and the Confederacy battled it out across the states between 1861 to 1865.
- Black Powder – Epic Battles is based on the award-winning Black Powder Rules, with additional period-flavor tweaks and scenarios, designed to make Epic Battles – American Civil War the perfect place to get started with games set in this fascinating period of military history.
- Reenact crucial battles in history within this tabletop combat game using dice, troops are 15mm figures, and rules constructed by Warlord Games against one or more opponents.
- Built to be played on large tabletops, such as a pool table and multiplayer with as many people as you want, Black Powder was originally created to be a club game. A standard move is 12 ins for infantry, 18 in for Cavalry. Each player will need to have a measuring tape handy as they are not included.
- Build, paint and play! The construction and painting of the models and watching them come to life are just as much fun as the game itself!