A TRUSTED FAVORITE Preferred by both home chefs and culinary professionals, the 12" Victorinox Fibrox Pro Slicing Knife can handle nearly every kitchen task imaginable. Crafted with a comfortable handle, superior weight and balance, and a razor sharp Granton Blade that rarely requires re-sharpening, this knife is an essential tool for every kitchen. KEY FEATURES High-quality, lightweight European steel. Handle design reduces hand and wrist fatigue. Fit for slicing both firm and soft meats. Long, straight blade for maximized cutting performance. Granton Blade to minimize friction and prevent food from sticking. Non-slip patented Fibrox Pro handle for a secure and comfortable grip no matter the hand size. National Sanitary Foundation (NSF) approved and dishwasher safe. CARE AND USE Be good to your knives and they’ll be good to you. Following these simple guidelines will ensure that you get the longest life out of your knife! CLEANING Victorinox Swiss Army recommends washing all knives by hand. For best results, hand wash your knives with a soapy cloth and dry immediately. While Fibrox Pro knives are dishwasher safe, we recommend hand washing as dishwashers are designed to spray water at a relatively high pressure, which can jostle the silverware and cause the knives to collide, dulling the edge. SHARPENING For optimum performance, knives should be honed after every couple of uses. Proper and frequent use of a honing steel will keep your knives sharper and performing at their best. FORMERLY FORSCHNER In 1937 Victorinox began selling cutlery in America through a Connecticut distributor called R.H. Forschner & Co. A well-known manufacturer of butcher scales, Forschner soon became the exclusive U.S. distributor for Victorinox knives, and was the name by which Victorinox knives were known.
- Long and narrow in shape, with a razor sharp edge designed for maximum cutting performance, this knife is suited for slicing everything from meats, to cakes, to sandwiches
- The Granton blade creates pockets of air, which prevent food from sticking to the blade and creates less friction, allowing for easier motion and higher efficiency
- "Highly Recommended" by a leading gourmet consumer magazine that features unbiased ratings and reviews of cookware and kitchen equipment
- Expertly crafted in Switzerland since 1884; designed for professionals who use knives all day, every day; lifetime warranty against defects in material and workmanship
- Please NOTE that this item ships with the item number 5.4723.30 on the blade and not 40645, 47645, or 47645.US2, but is the same 12" Fibrox Pro Slicing Knife