Unicook Heat Deflector Stone is a ceramic heat diﬀuser that is used on your Kamado fire bowl style grill. It provides a heat-directing barrier between your food and the flames, retains the heat, allowing it to circulate around the food with airflow, creates a convection cooking effect, prevents charring and burning, enhances the taste and tenderness of your food. Unicook Heat Deflector Stone is made of high quality Cordierite material, features superior strength, durability, heat retention and excellent thermal shock resistance, withstands extreme temperatures up to 1450° F. Unicook Heat Deflector Stone is ideal for baking low and slow smoking briskets, roasts, whole chickens or ribs, also for cooking pizzas. HOW TO USE Place the Unicook Heat Deflector Stone in middle of the fire bowl below the cooking grate, it becomes an outdoor convection oven immediately, then you can cook low and slow foods such as roasts, poultry, briskets and ribs directly on the cooking grid. A drip pan(not included) is recommended to use on the stone to capture drippings. Drip pan can also be filled with your favorite juice to radiate flavor into the foods. CLEANING 1. Let the stone completely cool off before cleaning. 2. Scrape off any excess food with a spatula or brush. 3. Place the side with charred drippings facing down to burn them oﬀ. 4. Hand wash with warm water if need. Not dishwasher safe. 5. Never use soap or detergent to clean a stone because the porous of the stone will absorb cleaning liquids and leave a soapy aftertaste, which may affect the taste of foods. 6. Air dry the stone completely after washing. WARNINGS 1. Never season pizza stone heat deflector with oil or grease. 2. Never handle a hot stone with your bare hands. 3. The stone can break if bumped or dropped. Handle with care. 4. Do not cut pizza on the stone
- Provides an indirect heating barrier between your food and the flames, retains the heat, directs air circulation, creates a convection cooking style, prevents charring and burning, keeps your meat moist and tender.
- Made of all natural Cordierite stone, FDA & LFGB approved, sintered in 2100°F kiln for hours, feature of superior strength, durability, heat retention and excellent thermal shock resistance. Heat safe up to 1,450°F (787°C).
- A must have grill part for baking low and slow smoking briskets, roasts, ribs or whole chicken, also for cooking pizzas. Easy to use and care for.
- Measures outer circle 17" diameter, inner circle 13" diameter, 0.80" thickness. Fits Char-Griller 20" Akorn Kamado models 16620,26720,06620,56720,6520 and other Kamado style grills of similar size.
- Warning: Never use soap or detergent for cleaning! Never season pizza stone with oil or grease! Not dishwasher safe.