California’s pistachios were first harvested in the 1960s and actually originated from an orchard in Iran. From 20lbs of hand selected pistachio nuts, only one was able to bear a fruit. Since then, farmers cultivated Californian pistachios to be rounder, plumper, and lighter in color compared to Iranian or Turkish varieties. Californian pistachios even have their own distinct taste now. Many say they are full-bodied with earthy notes and mellow textures. Today, California produces over 90% of all American pistachios and has once harvested over 900 million pounds in just one season! Pistachios are delicious. Their flavors are amazing in pastries, ice creams, and even buttery spreads. They also pair well with salads, pastas, and seafood. We love them most as an everyday snack! Many agree that pistachios are one of the world’s top superfoods. They’re one of the few foods that contain all the nutrients we need to maintain our health. Pistachios are full of nutrients like plant-based protein, carotenoids, polyphenols, and iron that have been linked to benefits such as: Promoting heart, bone, and brain health Decreasing risk for age-related macular degeneration and other eye health issues Lowering risk of chronic inflammation and oxidative stress Reducing total and LDL cholesterol levels Helping with weight control Supporting healthy skin and hair The US government entity for food and drug recognizes that pistachios can be part of a heart healthy diet: “Scientific evidence suggests but does not prove that eating 1.5 ounces per day of most nuts, such as pistachios, as part of a diet low in saturated fat and cholesterol may lower the risk of heart disease.” Pistachios are also approved by the American Heart Association for the Heart Check certification California pistachios have a unique flavor that tastes like nothing else on this planet. Enjoy!
- GROWN, HARVESTED, AND PACKAGED IN CALIFORNIA - Fresh and never frozen in cold storage. Ready to eat straight out of the bag!
- USDA & CCOF CERTIFIED ORGANIC - NON-GMO, NOT irradiated, and NOT treated with PPO chemicals. These pistachios are 100% natural, dry roasted, lightly seasoned with sea salt
- SMALL-BATCHED - Our Pistachios come from independent, family-owned orchards that use sustainable farming techniques focusing on quality over quantity. These pistachios are larger, more flavorful, and crunchier than other California Pistachios.
- HIGHER QUALITY – Our pistachios are USDA grade Extra #1 or higher and are Large sized (23 pistachios per ounce) or bigger. Others offer low grade pistachios that contain stains, mold, insect damage, and other defects, and their sizes can be as small as 30 pistachios per ounce.
- CALIFORNIA PISTACHIOS - The world’s most popular pistachio variety. They’re rounder, plumper, and lighter in color than other pistachios. Full-bodied flavor with earthy notes and mellow textures, California pistachios taste like nothing else on this planet and are the perfect snack for any time in the day!