Use this food grade mineral oil to maintain and restore your wood and bamboo cutting boards, butcher blocks and other wood products in the kitchen. Our oil is made from the pure USP grade white mineral oil that is enriched with vitamin E for added shelf stability and wood absorption. Not all mineral oil is food safe, mineral oil comes in multiple grades that is based on the refinement process. The lowest and least expensive grades are used for commercial and industrial equipment while the top quality grades are for medicine, food and cosmetics. Lower grade mineral oil is classified by the world health organization as a known carcinogen, while refined mineral oil is not. Our food grade mineral oil is safe for human use and is of an exceptionally refined grade that is colorless, odorless and has no taste. Directions for use: Every 3 to 4 weeks, apply a generous coat of mineral oil evenly over the entire surface of the cutting board or countertop. Make sure you oil the sides of the board as well. Use back of knife (not towel) to spread oil, but do not wipe off excess, in order for oil to absorb. Let sit for at least 4 hours or overnight if possible, so oil can penetrate completely into wood. A properly oiled board should appear wet and hydrated. For thicker cutting boards or butcher blocks, repeat this process on underside of board. To season a new board, repeat this process 3 to 4 times until surface is ready for use.
- FDA food grade - safe for use on wood and bamboo cutting boards, countertops, utensils, salad bowls and wood products
- Pure USP mineral oil - highest quality white mineral oil for food contact with tamper seal, unlike lower quality bulk mineral oil for non-food use
- Restores and protects wood - hydrates, seals and penetrates deeply into wood to protect from water to prevent cracking and drying
- Easy to use - push applicator cap and easy squeeze bottle makes maintenance a breeze
- Made in USA - stringent quality, not imported from china