Premium Knife Oil by Thirteen Chefs Protect, enhance and maintain your valuable kitchen and work knives with this specially formulated knife oil, made by Thirteen Chefs, the food service experts. Made using certified food grade ingredients, our knife oil is completely safe for contact with food and cooking equipment. Regular use will help prevent blade from rusting, which is a common issue with carbon steel knives or non-stainless steel metals that are washed or exposed to humid environments. Our knife oil formulation can also safely be used as a honing oil for sharpening stones (aka wet stones, whetstone or waterstones). Wet sharpening is the preferred method, as it prevents swarf from clogging the stone pores while honing the blade and makes cleaning of stones easier afterward. Ready for commercial use, our long lasting oil comes in a value packed 12oz bottle. This bottle will keep a kitchen knife line well maintained for many months even with constant use. Only a small amount of oil is required for maintaining knives. Directions for use: First, clean and dry blade completely. Using dispensing cap, add a few drops of oil directly onto both sides of blade. Again, using a dry towel, evenly wipe oil over entire surface of blade until there is an even coat. If necessary, add a few more drops and repeat. There should be a slight sheen of oil on blade. You can now safely store knife away. Recommended use is to do this procedure before storing knives away for the day, especially in humid environments.
- Food Safe Certified - Made in USA facilities, contains no harmful or toxic ingredients
- Preserves Blade - Knife oil stops rust from forming due to oxidization of steel, by creating a barrier against environmental humidity and water
- Carbon Steel Friendly - Recommended for Japanese knives such as Shun, Global, Mercer and any other high carbon metals
- Multiple Uses - Use with sharpening or wet stones, garden tools, axes, meat grinders, or any metal for safe, effective protection
- No Odor or Taste - Completely odorless and tasteless and has no allergic properties or gluten, making it ideal for chefs.