This pillow does not look like what you would expect... that's because it was designed by an Ergonomic Designer in consultation with a Doctor of Chiropractic. The Therapeutica Sleeping Pillow is constructed of a non-allergenic, non-toxic foam that will not lose its shape or resilience. One of the key goals to sound sleep is Spinal Alignment which can help you to be more comfortable. Because people sleep on their backs, sides, or both, this pillow was created to work for each sleeping position. The ergonomic design offers comfortable support and stability in all sleeping postures. This results in a sounder sleep and less tendency to wake with pain, stiffness and many of the symptoms resulting from lack of support. Available in five sizes for a custom fit. Comes with a free-fitted zippered pillow cover made of a polyester/cotton blend, and is machine washable. The Child, Petite and Average sizes fit into a standard size pillow case. The Large and XLarge fit into a king-size pillow case. Purchasing this pillow is not only an investment in a pillow, but an investment in your future health. NOTE: Sizing can be tricky with this product because you need to measure for proper size, but also take into consideration the firmness of your mattress and how much you sink into it. It may be helpful to select a smaller size than you measure for, if you have a soft bed. If you feel that the pillow is too hard at first it is recommended to step on your pillow to help speed up the break-in process.
- THIS PILLOW IS DESIGNED TO HELP CORRECT SPINAL POSTURE OF THE NECK. The contoured head rest keeps head and neck level. This product is commonly used to help treat a variety of conditions affecting the neck and shoulders.
- THIS IS A FIRM CORRECTIVE PILLOW. The pillow must be firm to provide therapeutic benefits. The Therapeutica pillow is firmest when it is brand new. As it is used, the cell structure of the foam will soften and provide comfortable resiliency. This pillow is NOT a plush general comfort pillow.
- THIS PILLOW IS AVAILABLE IN 5 SIZES: The most common sizes are Average and Petite. NOTE: Clothing size does not determine what size pillow you should buy. As a starting point, measure yourself using the guide available in the images. If you sleep on a soft mattress, measure in between sizes, or desire gentle correction, chose the next size down. If you sleep on a firm mattress, or you desire aggressive correction, chose the size your measurements indicate.
- SIZE PETITE DIMENSIONS: 23.5 inches x 10.5 inches x 4.5 inches. Includes fitted pillow cover with zipper closure. Constructed of nonallergenic and nontoxic foam. Made in Canada. NOTE: If you feel the pillow is too firm, you can accelerate the break-in process by inserting the pillow into a case and stepping up and down repeatedly on the pillow. This will soften the cell structure much more quickly.
- IT'S IMPORTANT TO UNDERSTAND that your body may need to adjust to the product over a period of several weeks. If you overuse it immediately, it may increase your neck pain. Most users find that if they slowly ease their way into the correction provided by a cervical pillow, they achieve the best results. You may need to alternate between this product and your current pillow while your body adjusts to the correct posture.