Thai chilies are small in size but big in heat, spice, and flavor. They are among the hottest chilies available. Also known as bird's eye chili, piri piri, or kocci, Thai chili is an essential ingredient in Thai, Malaysian, Lao, Singaporean, Indonesian, and Vietnamese food. Its use has spread beyond Asia and is also often found in European and American cooking.
Ground Thai chili is used to balance the flavors of sour, salt, and sweet in a given dish. Chilies are commonly used whole or ground in Thai and other Asian cuisines, including curries, noodle dishes, soups, stir-fries, and many more.
In ground form, Thai chili has a beautiful red color.
Ground Thai chili appears in many dishes throughout Asia, Europe, and the Americas. In Thailand, one of the most common condiments on any table is ground chili. It often sits alongside pickled chilies and fish sauce. It can be incorporated in traditional Asian dishes, added to relish or condiments, scrambled with eggs, blended into curry paste, or any number of other uses.
The more ground Thai chili added to a meal, the spicier it will become. Ground Thai chili can be found in many recipes, from more traditional dishes like Thai seafood salad and Larb Gai to scrambled eggs.
Thai chilies contain high amounts of vitamin C, small amounts of carotene, and are a good source of B vitamins. They are also high in potassium, magnesium, and iron.
- Our Thai chili peppers come straight from the best farmers in Thailand. We grind small batches right before mailing so your Thai recipes taste as fresh and authentic as you’ve come to expect from your favorite restaurant.
- Thai Chili is an essential ingredient in Latin-american and asian cuisine. Thai Chili is also known as Bird's eye chili, and is used in recipes like Thai seafood salads, Larb Gai to scambled eggs or curries .
- A beautiful red color with a strong, lingering heat best describes Thai Chili. Along with Chile de Arbol, these are the most prized chilis in Latin-american and asian cuisine.
- 100% PURE - We never add preservatives or fillers to our spices : 100% SATISFACTION - All Burma Spice products come with a 100% money back guarantee. Our products are hand packed in our gourmet spice shop; not in a factory.
- Our attractive resealable bag keeps the contents fresh and good tasting.