Fast-paced games provide practice for beginning reading skills! As the caller reads each card aloud, players scan the cards in front of them. If two cards are matching, the player says "SPLAT!" and flips the cards over. The first player to flip over all of their cards wins. Three color-coded decks make it easy to adapt the game for one-on-one practice or multiple players. For 2-6 players. Cards are 3-1/2" x 2-1/4". Set includes 225 cards: 75 calling cards and 150 answer cards.
- Educational and Fun: Help your young learners show off their letter-recognition skills with this educational card game. This box offers three games in one, with each new game adding a unique twist or challenge. Splat! makes learning fresh, fast-paced, and fun.
- How to Play: The game has 1 caller and 2–6 players. Each player is given 4 or more answer cards. When the caller reads aloud a task from a calling card, the players quickly check their cards to see if they have a card that completes the task. If they do, they yell “Splat!” and flip over the card. The first player to turn over all of their cards is the winner.
- What’s Inside the Box: Each box contains 225 cards, divided into three color-coded decks. Each deck includes 25 calling cards and 50 answer cards. An instruction sheet gives quick, easy-to-follow directions for setting up and playing the game. Answer keys for all three decks are included on the back of the instruction sheet.
- Three Different Alphabet Challenges: Each color-coded deck has a unique task that is asked of players. For the Blue Deck, players look for words that begin with a given letter. For the Green Deck, players must find words that begin with the same letter as a given word. For the Purple Deck, players search for words that begin with a given letter, end with a given letter, or contain more than one of a given letter.
- Ready to Go: This simple yet fun game takes almost no time to learn and set up. Within minutes of opening the box, young learners can be ready to compete and show what they know. Splat! can be easily modified to make it more or less challenging for the players.
- Useful and Practical: This game was designed by teachers for teachers and parents (and kids!). In the classroom, use these cards in small groups. They are also great for homeschool environments and for game nights at home. Splat! is even perfect for those on the go: it’s an educational resource that is practical, portable, and fun.
- Age Range: Alphabet Splat! is ideal for young learners in preschool, kindergarten, or first grade. Play this game with any young learner who can benefit from a fun way to practice and review the alphabet.
- Perfect for Little Hands: These cards are 3 ½” x 2 ¼” and are made with rounded, child-safe corners.