Ink-splatting action is back and fresher than everThe squid kids called Inklings are back to splat more ink and claim more turf in this colorful and chaotic 4-on-4 action shooter. For the first time, take Turf War battles on-the-go with the Nintendo Switch system, and use any of the console’s portable play styles for intense local multiplayer* action. Even team up for new 4-player co-op fun in Salmon Run!Expect a fresh wave of fashion, not to mention new weapons and gear. Dual wield the new Splat Dualies or stick to mainstays like chargers and rollers, which have been remixed with new strategic possibilities. As always, Turf War is the favored sport among Inklings, but they also dig ranked battles, taking down Octarians in a robust single-player campaign, and battling enemy Salmonids in one dangerous part-time job! No matter which way you play, splat at home or on-the-go with Nintendo Switch. Staying fresh never felt so good.*Additional games and systems required for multiplayer mode. Sold separately.**Nintendo Switch Online membership (sold separately) and Nintendo Account required for online play. Not available in all countries. For the latest list of countries, please visit Customer Support. Internet access required for online features. The Nintendo Account User Agreement, including the Purchase and Subscription terms, apply. This game does not support Save Data Cloud backup. Not available in all countries. Internet access required for online features. Terms apply.***Persistent Internet and compatible smartphone required to use the Nintendo Switch Online app; data charges may apply. Nintendo Account age 13+ required.Parental controls for the Nintendo Switch Online app cannot be set from the Nintendo Switch Parental Controls app—they must be managed through your smartphone's parental control restriction settings.© 2017 Nintendo. Splatoon and Nintendo Switch are trademarks of Nintendo.
- New weapons - New dual-wielding Splat Dualies join the action, complete with a new Dodge Roll move. Mainstays like the Splat Roller and Splat Charger have also been remixed to include new gameplay mechanics and brand-new special weapons.
- Local and Online Multiplayer - In a first for the series, compete in local multiplayer Turf War battles, whether in TV mode or on-the-go in handheld or tabletop modes. Online battles also make a return.
- New ways to play - Play using the Joy-Con controllers or the Nintendo Switch Pro Controller, both of which allow for gyro controls for better aiming and control.
- Smart Device Support - An upcoming smart-phone application for the Nintendo Switch system will enhance matchmaking and allow for voice chat options.
- Turf War - Iconic 4 vs. 4 Turf War battles return. The goal is to splat ink on as much territory as possible, while strategically submerging yourself in your team's colors and blasting your enemies.