Add one of the most popular Asian-inspired cooking knives to your collection with the Shun Cutlery 7-inch Sora Hollow Ground Santoku Knife. Shorter than a standard chef’s knife, this professional kitchen knife is light, agile and easy to maneuver with just enough belly curve to enable rocking cuts. Hollow-ground indentations on the side of the blade create small air pockets to reduce friction while cutting – making it easier to glide through each cut. It's versatile enough to handle all the basic kitchen cutting tasks. The San Mai construction uses VG10 steel for a corrosion-resistant, razor-sharp 16-degree cutting edge supported by 420J stainless steel on the blade upper. The traditional, full-tang handle is made of a textured PP/TPE polymer blend to provide an easy-to-maintain, contemporary look and offer a strong, secure, balanced grip. In Japan, the blade is more than a tool – it's a tradition. Housed in Seki City, the heart of the Japanese cutlery industry, Shun Fine Cutlery is dedicated to maintaining this ancient tradition. Each knife is handcrafted by highly skilled artisans to produce blades of unparalleled quality and beauty. We also leverage modern, premium materials and state-of-the-art technology to provide Shun quality to millions of professional chefs and avid home cooks throughout the world.
- 7-Inch Sora Hollow-Grounds Santoku Knife by Shun
- Sora knives feature a VG10 cutting core with stainless steel on either side, creating a san mai edge that provides stain resistance
- Blades have a mirror-polished Japanese 420J blade upper and a 16-degree cutting edge on either side
- Made with a traditional handle design in easy to care for textured TPE polymer
- Hand wash only; made in Japan