Keep your kitchen knife collection in perfect condition with the Shun Cutlery 9-inch Classic Combination Honing Steel. Knife edges naturally develop tiny bends through everyday use. This can make the knife feel dull when the sharpest part of the knife isn't making contact with the food. This knife sharpening steel gently realigns the edge of the blade, prolonging the knife's sharpness. Made from stainless steel, it features two sides – a smooth side for weekly honing and a micro-ribbed side for monthly honing. The durable, ebony-finished Pakkawood handle is comfortable to use for both left- and right-handed users. It includes a built-in angle guide to help you hone your Shun knives at the correct angle. In Japan, the blade is more than a tool – it's a tradition. Housed in Seki City, the heart of the Japanese cutlery industry, Shun Fine Cutlery is dedicated to maintaining this ancient tradition. Each knife is handcrafted by highly skilled artisans to produce blades of unparalleled quality and beauty. We also leverage modern, premium materials and state-of-the-art technology to provide Shun quality to millions of professional chefs and avid home cooks throughout the world.
- 9-Inch Classic Combination Honing Steel by Shun
- Combination honing steel to maintain blade between sharpening; features 2 sides for honing, 2 sides for polishing
- Honing Steel features a black laminated PakkaWood D-shaped handle that provides maximum comfort
- Place steel tip down on a sturdy surface, gently pull blade down from heel to tip 3-4 times and repeat on the other side
- Clean with a damp cloth and let air dry; Made in China