Product Description Constructed of 0.048 thick white carbon steel square tubing, this Segal S 4748 Fixed Window Guard assists in preventing children from accidental falls through open windows. It’s a non-egress fixed window guard that cannot be opened or quickly removed in case of an emergency. It is not for use in bedrooms or sleeping quarters where no other emergency exit is accessible. For windows requiring emergency access capabilities, please use appropriate hinged version of these window guards, like Prime-Line’s model number S 4772. This non-operational child-fall window guard is designed to interior use only. It features a full adjustable telescoping width (prior to mounting) from 15-3/4 in. to 22” wide with a 15-1/4” reach, and it comes complete with one-way, tamper-proof installation screws. This child fall window guard meets New York City and New Jersey’s housing codes, and it was approved by the New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene, HDWG #04-09-2010, but it does not meet egress. From the Manufacturer This 16 in. fixed window guard is constructed from carbon steel and comes finished in white. It features .048 thick square tubing and has a fully adjustable width from 14 in. to 22 in. wide. This type of window guard is not for use in bedrooms.
- Inside and outside mounting options
- Assists in preventing children from accidental falls through open windows
- Not for use in bedrooms without alternate emergency exit
- Meets New York City, New Jersey and Oregon Home Builders Association health and safety building codes
- 3-7/8 in. bar spacing. Tamper resistant screws to keep window guard firmly attached