This Schaaf Tools Double Sided Sharpening Stone is ideal for its easy maintenance and ability to cut steel fast. No soaking or flattening necessary prior to use. With both a coarse and fine side, you should be able to sharpen and maintain almost any tool or knife with just this one stone and a leather strop.
With a surface that is 8 x 3 inches, this stone is larger than many bench stones available for a comparable price.
- Chisels ✔
- Curved gouges ✔
- Plane irons ✔
- Knives ✔
- Scissors ✔
- Anything else with a bevel and an edge ✔
It also comes with a non-skid universal stone base with three premium rubber stops for added stability during sharpening.
Schaaf Tool's diamond stones are:
- Double sided with both 400# / 1000# grit sharpening surfaces
- Monocrystalline diamonds electroplated to the surface
- Built from a single plate of machined steel (not layered)
- Clearance channels on both sides make for easier cleaning
Non-Skid Universal Base:
- Adjustable, can be used with many other sharpening stones as well
- 3 rubber stoppers protect the stone and your work surface
- Adds weight and grip to resist movement during sharpening
- Elevates sharpening surface above bench to aid in flattening chisel and plane iron backs
Free eBook/User Manual included via email.
With all Schaaf Tools purchases we offer excellent customer service and a 100% money back or item replacement guarantee.
As always, we pride ourselves on offering quality tools at an affordable price.
- EACH SIDE LABELED - 400# grit for heavy stock removal and 1000# grit for honing and maintenance
- MONOCRYSTALLINE DIAMONDS - Recognized for sharpening speed and ease of maintenance
- ELECTROPLATED SINGLE PLATE OF STEEL - Longer lifespan than cheaper alternatives made with adhesives. Ensures stone is flat and will stay flat over time
- UNIVERSAL BASE - Adds weight and grip to resist movement during sharpening and elevates stone above bench
- SPRITZ BOTTLE INCLUDED - Fill with water/dishsoap combo and don't waste money on pricey lapping fluid