An effective alternative to DEET that’s safe for the whole family, Sawyer’s 20% Picaridin Insect Repellent provides effective protection from disease-spreading ticks (Lyme disease, tick-borne encephalitis) and mosquitoes (West Nile, Dengue, and Zika viruses). More effective at repelling biting flies than DEET, it's also effective at repelling stable flies, black flies, gnats, chiggers, and sand flies. Very comfortable to wear on your skin, it's ideal for all your outdoor adventures, from camping, backpacking, hunting, and fishing to backyard BBQs, sporting events, days at the park, and more. Sawyer 20% Picaridin topical spray is effective for up to 12 hours against mosquitoes and ticks (14 hours for the lotion), and the spray and lotion provide up to 8 hours of protection against biting flies, gnats, chiggers, and sand flies. Both the non-greasy, fragrance-free spray and lotion dry quickly and won't damage plastics or synthetic coatings — safe for use on clothing, backpacks, watches, sunglasses, fishing line, firearm finishes, and more. Available in a variety of spray and lotion bottle sizes, Sawyer 20% Picaridin also comes in individual 0.34-ounce lotion packets that are great for everyday use and small enough for carrying in a pocket, purse, or backpack. The top-rated bug repellent by WireCutter/New York Times (May, 2020), it's also considered to be the repellent of first choice by the Public Health Agency of Canada’s Canadian Advisory Committee on Tropical Medicine and Travel for travelers 6 months to 12 years of age. Maximize protection by pairing with Sawyer Permethrin tick and insect repellent spray for clothing and gear. Since 1984, Sawyer has used technological advancements to create products that keep you outdoors — from the backcountry to the backyard — including insect repellents for both skin and clothing, water filters for camping and emergencies, and sun protection.
- Effective against the Yellow Fever Mosquito, which can transmit the Zika Virus.
- Reviewed by Consumer Reports as the Fisherman's Formula in its list of safe and effective insect repellents (February 2016)
- Long-lasting topical insect repellent with 20 percent Picaridin -- more effective at repelling biting flies than DEET
- Spray is effective up to 12 hours against mosquitoes and ticks (14 hours for lotion); up to 8 hours against biting flies, gnats, chiggers, and sand flies
- Safe to use on the whole family; won't harm clothing, backpacks, fishing line, firearm finishes, watches, sunglasses, or other synthetic fabrics