The Rokinon AF 50mm f/1.4 EF II is a fast and compact normal prime lens for Sony E-mount cameras. It present several features that punch well above its class while still maintaining a small and lightweight profile. The bright f/1.4 maximum aperture pairs with a nine-blade diaphragm to benefit selective focus and shallow depth of field imaging with smooth bokeh, making it an ideal lens for portraiture. An Ultra Multi Coating has been applied to lens elements to reduce flare and ghosting for higher contrast and color fidelity. The optical design incorporates 3 High Refractive, 1 Extra Low Dispersion, and 2 Aspherical elements. To compliment the imaging capabilities, the lens sports a customizable focus ring that can be changed to perform other functions through convenient switch located on the barrel. A Linear STM autofocus motor is used to produce quick, smooth, and quiet performance with full-time manual focus override, and a non-rotating filter, along with features like Internal AF and reduced focus breathing make it an optimal lens for video.
- Ultra-precision aspherical lenses offer soft and beautiful bokeh
- New modern design with matt finish and red ring
- Fast & quiet AF and well-controlled breathing for shooting video
- Focus Hold Button - Pressing this button on the lens will keep the lens locked to that focusing distance. You can assign functions such as Eye AF in settings on the camera body.
- Custom Switch - There is a custom switch, which can be set to allow adjustment of the aperture silently by rotating the focus ring. Using the optional Lens Station, you can set up the mode to suit your own preference.