Vitamin B12 is an important cofactor for energy metabolism. It works with folate in the methionine synthase pathway, which supports healthy homocysteine metabolism in the synthesis of S-adenosyl-methionine (SAMe), an important methyl donor. As such, it supports methylation for key biochemical reactions occurring in blood cells, neurons, the vasculature and many other tissues. Through this pathway, Vitamin B12 is required for proper red blood cell formation, neurological function, and DNA synthesis. The activated and methylated form methylcobalamin is the primary form found in the cytosol of cells and predominates in blood and other fluids. This is the form of vitamin B12 primarily used for SAMe production, making it an important nutrient for healthy cell development, including red blood cells.
- NERVE HEALTH: Methylcobalamin offers advanced vitamin B12 support for a healthy nervous system.*
- NEUROLOGICAL HEALTH: Methylcobalamin helps maintain healthy glutamate activity in the brain, providing support for healthy brain cell activity.*
- EMOTIONAL HEALTH: Encourages optimal cognitive, memory, and emotional health.*
- PURE INGREDIENTS: Pure Encapsulations manufactures a line of hypoallergenic, research-based dietary supplements. Products are meticulously formulated using pure ingredients designed to deliver predictable results for the benefit of all patients, even the most sensitive.*
- FREE FROM: Pure Encapsulations products are free from wheat, gluten, egg, peanuts, magnesium stearate, hydrogenated fat, artificial sweeteners and colors, and other unnecessary excipients. Any product containing ingredients derived from allergens, such as soy, dairy or shellfish is clearly labeled. * These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.