Magnesium activates the enzymes necessary for a number of physiological functions, including neuromuscular contractions, cardiac function, and the regulation of the acid-alkaline balance in the body. In a cross-sectional study involving 210 elderly individuals, optimal magnesium intake was associated with lipid metabolism and lean body mass. Magnesium is necessary for the metabolism of carbohydrates, amino acids and fats, as well as energy production and the utilization of calcium, phosphorus, sodium, and potassium. In a 15-year study involving almost 5,000 young adults, higher intakes of magnesium were associated with healthy cardiovascular function and glucose utilization. Another large cross-sectional study found that magnesium intake was positively associated with bone mineral density in certain subgroups. This vital mineral also helps utilize some vitamins, including vitamin B6, vitamin C, and vitamin E. Magnesium (glycinate) is less likely to cause loose stools than other forms of magnesium.
- NUTRIENT METABOLISM SUPPORT: Supports the metabolism and utilization of many essential nutrients and the proper functioning of important enzymatic and physiological functions.*
- OVERALL HEALTH: Magnesium activates the enzymes necessary for a number of physiological functions, including neuromuscular contraction and cardiac function.*
- CELLULAR ENERGY PRODUCTION: Magnesium is necessary for the metabolism of carbohydrates, amino acids and fats, as well as for energy production and the utilization of calcium, phosphorus, sodium and potassium.*
- PURE INGREDIENTS: Pure Encapsulations manufactures a line of hypoallergenic, research-based dietary supplements. Products are meticulously formulated using pure ingredients designed to deliver predictable results for the benefit of all patients, even the most sensitive.*
- FREE FROM: Pure Encapsulations products are free from wheat, gluten, egg, peanuts, magnesium stearate, hydrogenated fat, artificial sweeteners and colors, and other unnecessary excipients. Any product containing ingredients derived from allergens, such as soy, dairy or shellfish is clearly labeled. * These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.