Winner of The National Parenting's Seal of Approval! Take the game with you! The Sondergut leather chess board rolls up to the size of a pocket umbrella (10 x 2”). Great for travel or the home! Whether relaxing on the beach, are in an airplane or at the hotel lounge, you can play chess almost anywhere -- and with style. Or, flip the pieces over and play a game of checkers. This hand-sewn, full size board in velvety, gray / ivory checker suede has a rich look and feel. German Design. When the game’s over, store the pieces in the brass zippered pocket. When rolled up, the size is 10 x 2”. Open the game and the board is full sized at 10 x 12-2/3”. Fits in your handbag, backpack and even your back pocket! Instructions included. Weighs less than 1/2 a pound. Also available is our backgammon game. Sold separately. Designed in Germany by Sondergut. Comes in nice retail box. Game instructions included. Makes a great gift -- even for yourself. 16 playing pieces per color are: 1 x King, 1 x Queen, 2 x Castles (Rooks), 2 x Bishops, 2 x Knights and 8 Pawns. From Pitkin Stearns -- the same company selling the KB Collection Sand Pictures (formerly Rainbow Vision Sand Pictures).
- Designed in Germany by our backpacker friends at Sondergut. Hand sewn pliable leather chess board in gray with all playing pieces.
- Board size is 10 x 12-2/3" but rolls up to the size of pocket umbrella. Weighs less than 1/2 a pound. Great for travel.
- Everything about the game was designed with two things in mind: To weigh next to nothing and be the highest quality travel game on the market.
- Comes in a beautiful retail box with Chess and Checkers game instructions.
- All playing pieces neatly fit in the zippered pocket for easy and reliable storage and transport.