Car diagnostic scanner OS601 is a cost-effective upgraded version of OBDII scanner for determining the cause of the Check Engine Light. Equips with a 2.4-inch color screen and shows live vehicle sensors data in text and graph format. Support all the 10 OBDII test modes, enhanced Mode 6, read&erase codes, code definitions and playback data from the car ECU. It enables you to inspect monitor before Smog check, and switch off the MIL. How to get started? Simply plug into the OBD2 port on your car and turn ignition on and you ready to go. No matter where you are, let this gadget accompanies with you. Let you decide if it's something you can fix or need more advanced help. Save money and time. Where's the OBDII interface? It is often under the dash, or under a panel below the handbrake in the center console. What is OBD-II? On-board diagnostics (OBD) is an automotive term referring to a vehicle's self-diagnostic and reporting capability. Vehicles produced after 1996 use OBD-II, which is a standardized system that simplifies the process a whole lot. These vehicles all use a common diagnostic connector and a set of universal trouble codes. Though only emission-related codes and data are required to be transmitted through it according to U.S. legislation, most manufacturers have made the OBD-II Data Link Connector the main connector in the vehicle through which all systems are diagnosed and reprogrammed. At the most basic level, the check engine light indicates that some sensor, somewhere in your engine, exhaust, or transmission, has provided unexpected data to computer. That could indicate a problem with the system the sensor is responsible for monitoring, a bad sensor, or even a wiring issue. Why I can't erase the fault code? Once the monitors are reset, the MIL will either remain out because the DTC was corrected by the proper repair, or it will illuminate because it has again detected the problem.
- Universal Compatibility: Applicable to MOST US-based cars (made in 1996 or later), EU-based cars (made in 2001 or later), Asian cars, and all OBD II/EOBD/CAN-compliant vehicles.
- Smog Check: Clearly shows whether the emission-related systems are operating properly or ready for inspection and maintenance testing; turns off the MIL (check engine light) and resets monitors; views freeze frame data, read live PCM data stream, EVAP system test data, On-Board Monitor test data and display live O2 sensor test data.
- Shows the code and what the code means directly. Able to retrieve generic (PO P2 P3 and UO) manufacturer specific (P1, P3, and U1) codes and pending codes, and vehicle information (VIN, CID and CVN). And can store the data you have viewed (DTCs, freeze Frame, live data, etc).
- Supports all OBDII protocols, including ISO9141, KWP2000, J1850 PWM, J1850 VPW and CAN(Controller Area Network).
- No battery needed, just plug it into the OBDII port and start diagnosis. Features a 2.5-foot flexible plug and a 7-button panel. Supports DTC look-up, and software upgrade. One-year limited warranty.