About Norquin NorQuin, based in Saskatchewan Canada, is a technology driven, vertically integrated supplier of quinoa and quinoa derivative products. It has been developing high-yielding, novel varieties of quinoa for more than 20 years that are optimal for Canada’s growing regions. The Company only breeds non-GMO varietals that can be grown and traced back to the farm. Quinoa has very strong label appeal for consumers due to its complete protein profile that contains all nine essential amino acids that humans need. You can learn more at quinoa.com. What Is Quinoa? Quinoa (Keen-wa) is an amino acid (protein) rich seed that has a fluffy, creamy, sightly crunchy texture and a somewhat nutty flavor when cooked. Most commonly considered a grain, quinoa is actually a relative of leafy green vegetables like spinach and swiss chard. Quinoa seeds are a recently rediscovered ancient “grain” once considered “The Gold of the Incas.
- NUTTY FLAVOR & HEARTIER TEXTURE: NorQuin’s Golden Quinoa is different from white or red quinoa, with a nutty flavor & a heartier texture that's more like rice than other quinoa. Use it in recipes instead of rice for a gluten free, whole grain option that's a complete protein.
- STEP UP YOUR NUTRITION: Quinoa is one of the healthiest foods on Earth, an easy-to-prepare whole grain that's heart healthy, gluten free, & a good source of protein, iron, fiber magnesium, B vitamins, potassium, calcium, phosphorus, vitamin E & antioxidants.
- MIX UP YOUR DIET: Quinoa can be used as hot cereal, hypoallergenic baby food, gluten-free substitute or rice replacement in any recipe. Try replacing rice, millet, or pasta with quinoa & mix with chia seeds or lentils for added protein.
- COUNTLESS RECIPES: You can pair quinoa with a variety of healthy foods and it works great as a side dish. Quinoa is a healthy alternative for rice and pasta. Quinoa helps to satisfy hunger and keeps you full longer, helping you to stick to your healthy diet and not over eat or snack!
- ORGANIC ALTERNATIVE: Once you try this superfood, you'll be clearing some pantry space for quinoa in your kitchen and be using it in multiple meals giving you and your family a healthy, filling, substitute to more traditional grain based foods.