►Cinnamon powder comes from the bark of tropical, evergreen trees. In order to harvest cinnamon, it's peeled off of the inside of the bark of the tree.There are two main types of cinnamon: Ceylon and Cassia. The majority of the cinnamon you'll find at the grocery store is Cassia. Ceylon grows primarily in Sri Lanka and isn't as common.
►Ceylon cinnamon may sometimes be referred to as "true" cinnamon. Ceylon and Cassia are both cinnamon, but from different parts of the world and from slightly different types of trees.
►Cinnamon is best known as a spice, sprinkled on toast and lattes. But extracts from the bark of the cinnamon tree have also been used traditionally as medicine throughout the world. Since ancient times.
►You've probably sprinkled cinnamon on foods like toast, rolls, and desserts. But cinnamon has uses other than for topping sweets, including improving your health.
►It can be advantageous for your skin as well. Just add a little cinnamon powder to lemon juice and you have an effective solution. Just a few drops of fresh lemon juice and a pinch of cinnamon powder should help you in getting effective results for skin.
- Certified by the USDA Organic, Naturevibe Ceylon Cinnamon Powder is a powerful spice that has been used medicinally around the world for thousands of years.
- The fine, brown powder possesses a sweet, delicate flavour with a unique smell and is used in a plethora of recipes.
- Cinnamomum verum, or Ceylon cinnamon, is considered "true" cinnamon compared to other species in the same genus. It is a spice made from the ground inner bark of a tree native to Sri Lanka, which once was known as Ceylon.
- According to researchers, out of twenty-six of the most popular herbs and medicinal spices in the world, cinnamon actually ranks #1 in terms of its protective antioxidant levels!
- The flavour of cinnamon is due to an aromatic essential oil that makes up 0.5 to 1% of its composition. This essential oil is prepared by roughly pounding the bark, softening it in sea water, and then quickly distilling the whole.