► Ginger is a popular spice. It is high in gingerol, a substance with powerful antioxidant. Naturevibe ginger root powder is a high source of nutrition, bioactive compounds and vitamins, and is made of 100% Zingiber officinale Roscoe Powder. The fine, white yellow powder is a quintessential ingredient for flavouring dishes. ► Fresh ginger root: This is the most potent form of ginger, but also the most versatile. You can slice it and steep it in hot water for tea, mince it into stir-fry dishes, juice it, add it to your smoothies, or even take a slice and suck on it! Dried ginger or ginger juice is great for a mid day snack. ► Ground ginger: Ground ginger can be used in similar ways to fresh ginger. It can be steeped in hot water for tea or added to your favorite recipes. Powdered ginger is also great to use for baking. ► Ginger capsules: This is the easiest way to get ginger into your diet—especially if you aren’t a fan of the taste! Ginger capsules, or ginger supplements, are simple. The ground ginger powder is added to a capsule for easy consumption at any time of day. ► Ginger tea: As mentioned, you can make ginger tea using fresh ginger or ground ginger. But you can also buy ready-to-go ginger extract tea bags at the store. These are great to have on hand if feel nauseated or want to settle your stomach after eating. ► At Naturevibe, we specialise in manufacturing the powder in extremely favourable conditions from the land of exquisite spices, India. We follow the “farm to fork” process, wherein we take pride in having a conglomerate of farmers who are specially trained to hand-pick the finest raw material, which is then manufactured organically and ethically in our state of the art facility.
- Ginger is a flowering plant that originated from China.
- It belongs to the Zingiberaceae family, and is closely related to turmeric, cardomon and galangal.
- The rhizome (underground part of the stem) is the part commonly used as a spice. It is often called ginger root, or simply ginger.
- The unique fragrance and flavor of ginger come from its natural oils, the most important of which is gingerol.
- Ginger can be used fresh, dried, powdered, or as an oil or juice, and is sometimes added to processed foods and cosmetics. It is a very common ingredient in recipes.