►Crushed Red Peppers can be traced back to Central and South America. They have been cultivated for more than seven thousand years. It was not until the 15th century that red peppers were introduced to the rest of the world. In traditional Chinese medicine and Ayurveda, a traditional form of Indian medicine. ► Now a days Double Cut Crushed Red Pepper is a unique and flavorful must have for any kitchen from home use to fine restaurant. Crushed red pepper is one of the commonly used spices that can make bland food appealing and add kick to any dish. ►The bright, orange-red color of crushed red pepper isn't just for show. sprinkling crushed red pepper – or red pepper flakes – on top of your morning omelet gets your heart racing. ►Red pepper flakes contain vitamin C. ►Crushed red pepper may do something entirely expected: make you sweat, which may cause you to drink water to quench your thirst. Staying hydrated is essential to good health, too. ►Shake it on, blend it in and Add extremely fresh and strong flavor to pizza, pickles, chowders, gumbos, taccos, spaghetti, sausages, curried dishes, caseroles, barbecued beef, port or chicken, omelets, beans, seafood, cumbos and where spicy-hot food is desired.
- Crushed red pepper flakes are made up of a combination of red chili pepper types. Ancho, bell, cayenne and other peppers can all be part of the dried and ground pepper mix.
- The health benefits of crushed red pepper extend beyond its use as a flavoring.
- The heat you get from crushed red pepper comes from the capsaicin it contains. The more capsaicin, the hotter the pepper.
- Capsaicin does more than just give the peppers their spicy bite, it has numerous health benefits.Crushed red pepper contains a small but still significant amount of vitamin C.
- In addition, crushed red pepper is a good source of vitamin E, another important antioxidant vitamin. Lastly, vitamin B6 is present as well. Vitamin B6 is sometimes called pyridoxine.