►The presence of polyphenol flavonoids and potassium in lemon peels is helpful. ►Lemon peel is very helpful with acne, wrinkles. Lemon peel is also rich in antioxidants and thus helps to detoxify our skin. ►The presence of dietary fibre in it encourages healthy digestion. Add lemon peel to water and put the cut fruits in it. You can keep this in the fridge as long as needed. This water will prevent the browning of fruits. ►The free radicals play a very important role in this process. Besides, antioxidants found in the peels tend to be a great detoxifier of the skin. ►Lemon peel contain a powerful fibre called pectin, which is responsible for the promotion of weight loss in the body. The fruits containing the most pectin are citrus fruits, especially grapefruits, lemons and oranges. The majority of the pectin resides in the citrus peel.
- Lemons not only taste delicious but also work wonder for your health, skin and hair. But if you are in the practice of throwing away lemon peel after squeezing the juice out of it, think again. Did you know lemon peel contains 5 to 10 times more vitamins than lemon itself? 100g (3.5oz) of lemon peels contain 10.6 grams of fiber.
- Lemon peel contains a list of vitamin, mineral and fibre like calcium, potassium and Vitamin C, which gives your body a nutritional boost. Lemon peels also have some healthy enzymes, which help us to live a healthier life.
- Their low pH also make them perfect for beauty and personal care, and when applied directly to skin, lemon peel can lighten sun spots.
- Lemon peel contain high amounts of Vitamin C and calcium and thus helps in improving and maintaining bone health. Lemon peels are rich in citric acid, which helps in covering up for deficiency of Vitamin C and thus helps with common teeth related problem.
- Lemon peels promote weight loss. They are able to do so because of a component called pectin present in them. Pectin is responsible for the promotion of weight loss in the body. Lemon peels have high amounts of citrus bio flavonoids.