IN BALANCE You've had those times in your life: too many demands leave you feeling irritable, anxious or unfocused. Perhaps you've lost interest in sex. Maybe sudden sounds or movements send you jumping out of your chair. While life demands might trigger your symptoms, what's going on in your body chemically involves the neurotransmitter gamma-aminobutyric acid (GABA). A calming brain chemical, GABA not only induces relaxation and reduces the effects of stress and anxiety, but it also helps to balance all of your other neurotransmitters. When GABA levels aren't sufficient, you may feel unprepared to handle even the most mundane life situations. INGREDIENTS: PASSIONFLOWER HERB Let your stress dissolve with one or more lozenges throughout the day. One lozenge is 2 times the strength of one dropperful (35 drops) of liquid passionflower alcohol extract. GET A GABA BOOST Daily moderate exercise will do wonders for improving your mood and stamina, as will a menu containing foods that naturally increase the production of neurotransmitters. Avoid simple sugars and the white foods: white rice, white flour (bread, pastries, pasta) and, white potatoes. Focus your diet on fruits, vegetables, whole grains and lean sources of protein, especially those high in the conditional essential amino acid glutamine, which is the precursor to GABA. (Conditional amino acids are those that we typically don't need to consume as the body is able to synthesize them, except in times of illness and stress.) Food sources of glutamine include beef, chicken, fish and beans.
- The leaves and roots of this flowering vine were traditionally used by Native Americans for relief of general discomfort and to promote sleep
- Helps to promote relaxation
- Use in conjunction with an established bedtime routine to help achieve a restful night's sleep
- RELAXING PASSION FLOWER: Promotes Relaxation
- EASES STRESS AND PROMOTES CALMNESS: Passion Flower helps to stimulate the relaxation response and promotes decreased production of the stress hormone cortisol, while promoting feelings of calm.