There are times when breastfeeding can be a challenge. For women who experience problems with breastfeeding, using a high-quality contact nipple shield in conjunction with medical assistance can often resolve these problems. Medela’s Contact Nipple Shield is designed to address common breastfeeding issues such as latch-on difficulties, soreness, and flat or inverted nipples. Made of 100% ultra-thin and soft silicone, these contact nipple shields feature a unique design with a cut-out area that encourages maximized skin contact between you and your baby. This not only helps your baby receive the breastmilk they need for development, it also promotes the mother-baby bond.We take pride in manufacturing our contact nipple shields with 100% pure silicone and all other breast pump products that come into contact with breastmilk with non-BPA plastic materials. This ensures that the integrity of your breastmilk is maintained along with its powerful nutrients and benefits. For added convenience, we’ve included (2) contact nipple shields and a portable carrying case for traveling or when you’re heading out on errands around town. It’s always best to keep a spare contact nipple shield safely protected.We strongly recommend using our contact nipple shields under the direction and guidance of a physician, lactation consultant, or other healthcare professional to ensure proper use and address any underlying breastfeeding challenges or issues. Medela’s primary focus is on helping moms to successfully breastfeed their babies for as long as they choose. Meeting this goal responsibly is at the heart of everything we do.
- DESIGNED FOR SPECIAL BREASTFEEDING: The Medela Contact Nipple Shields were made to address common breastfeeding issues, including flat or inverted nipples and those experiencing latching difficulties, soreness, and overactive letdown.
- INNOVATIVE DESIGN FOR MORE CONTACT: Made of 100% ultra-thin and soft silicone, Medela's Contact Nipple Shields feature a unique design with a cut-out area that encourages maximum skin contact between you and your baby.
- USE UNDER DIRECTION OF MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL: Medela's Contact Nipple Shields should be used under the direction and guidance of a physician, lactation consultant, or other healthcare professional to ensure proper use.
- MADE WITHOUT BPA: Like all other Medela breast pump parts and accessories that come into contact with breastmilk, our contact nipple shields are and have always been made without BPA.
- CONVENIENT AND PORTABLE: This kit includes (2) contact nipple shields along with a portable carrying case for traveling. It's always best to have an extra nipple shield on hand for added convenience.