The Love To Dream Swaddle UP 50/50 Transition Bag is designed to transition your baby from swaddled sleeping to arms-free sleeping. Parents know that swaddling their newborns is important. Babies between two to three months grow fast, and when they are able to roll over or show signs that their startle reflex has diminished, they are ready to be transitioned from swaddling to arms-free sleeping. But this transition can sometimes be hard because babies may still have some startle reflex present and they are used to being swaddled. The Love To Dream team designed the Swaddle UP 50/50 Transition Bag – which is Stage 2 in Love To Dream’s 3 Stage Sleep System - to make this transition easy for both baby and parents. The Swaddle UP 50/50 Transition Bag shares the same features as the Swaddle UP Original, but with the added versatility of patented zip-off wings. The Swaddle UP 50/50 Transition Bag will gently transition your baby from sleeping snuggly swaddled towards having the independence of sleeping with his or her arms free. The zipper design makes it easy to go back to the original swaddle design if your baby is not ready to transition. Once your little one is comfortable with both wings removed, the Swaddle UP 50/50 Transition Bag can be used like a snug and comfy wearable blanket, but with baby still feeling swaddled. Since 2008, Love To Dream has been finding simple, yet genius solutions to everyday parenting and baby needs. Our desire was always to create products that looked great and more importantly provided a solution to a parenting challenge. The best news of all is that our products work! So everyone in the family will achieve a better night’s sleep. Functionality, usefulness and innovation are key for Love To Dream. It is vital that we offer products to parents (just like us) that will make their lives simpler and less stressful.
- When your baby shows signs of rolling over, it's very important for safety reasons to transition them out of being swaddled. Their hands need to be free to reposition themselves when they roll over so they can push up off the mattress.
- Most babies really love being swaddled, so transitioning them out of swaddling is usually a real challenge as it is a change to their sleep routine.
- The Patented Zip-Off wings on the Swaddle UP 50/50 Transition Bag helps make this transition gentle and uneventful. We recommend transitioning both at naps and bed time to ease baby into this new sleep routine.
- To start, simply zip off one wing and let the baby get used to having one arm out for a few nights. Once that works, remove the second wing and your baby has successfully transitioned from swaddling into a comfy wearable blanket for longer use.
- If your baby was not previously swaddled in an arms up position, the transition may take a little longer.