The Kidde Smoke & Carbon Monoxide Detector with Voice Alerts, Battery Powered, Combination Smoke & CO Alarm, model KN-COSM-BA, provides two fire safety detectors in one unit through the use of ionization sensing technology that senses invisible fire particles, while an electrochemical sensor detects carbon monoxide. When a smoke, fire, or carbon monoxide event occurs, the Kidde fire alarm warns with an 85-decibel alarm sound, flashing LEDs, and voice alerts. For smoke detection, the alarm will sound with the announcement, "Fire! Fire!" and a red LED will flash in unison with the voice alarm. For carbon monoxide detection, the alarm will sound with the announcement "Warning! Carbon Monoxide!". In the event of a low battery, the detector will announce, "Low Battery!" The Kidde combination smoke and carbon monoxide alarm is powered by 2-AA batteries, which provide coverage during a power failure. A convenient pop-up, front-door battery compartment allows for quick installation or replacement of a battery without having to disconnect the entire unit from the ceiling. In the case of nuisance or false alarm, the Smart Hush button silences the unit for approximately 8 minutes, which is helpful when this smoke detector carbon monoxide detector combo sounds from things like routine cooking or shower steam. When installed, the green LED on the alarm will flash every 60 seconds in standby condition, letting you know that the unit has power & is operating correctly. Install a carbon monoxide smoke detector combo on every level of your home and near bedrooms to help keep your family safe. UL Certified with a 10-year limited manufacturers' warranty. Meets requirements of UL 2034, UL217, NFPA72, (chapter 11 2002 edition) The State of California Fire Marshal, NFPA101 (One and two family dwellings) Federal Housing Authority (FHA), Housing and Urban Development (HUD).
- Voice Alarm -Announces the hazard type detected thereby helping to speed up the correct reaction to the hazard detected. Alarm announces "Fire!" when a smoke or fire hazard is detected and announces "Warning Carbon Monoxide" when a CO hazard is detected
- Combined Carbon Monoxide and Smoke Alarm - A single unit can be installed where previously, two were needed. Reduces installation time and helps to keep home décor attractive
- Audio alarm: 85 dB at 10 feet. Test/Reset Button and LEDs - Tests alarm circuitry and triggers the voice announcement. Flashing green for normal operation and flashing red for alarm condition
- Battery - Provides protection even during power outages when many fire and carbon monoxide incidents occur. The unit warns of a low battery condition by announcing "low battery" and by initiating an alarm chirp and activating a flashing red LED. The battery door will not close unless the batteries are properly installed
- Voice Announcements - Hush Feature temporarily silences nuisance alarms with "HUSH MODE ACTIVATED" and "HUSH MODE CANCELLED" voice announcement. If the alarm had detected a CO level of 100ppm or higher, the unit will announce "CARBON MONOXIDE PREVIOUSLY DETECTED" to warn of the CO incident, when the Test/ Reset button is pressed