Product Description The Kidde Carbon Monoxide Detector, AC Plug-In with Battery Backup, CO Alarm with Replacement Alert, model KN-COB-DP2, plugs directly into any AC wall outlet, while 2-AA batteries provide reliable backup detection of carbon monoxide, even during power outages. CO is often called the “invisible killer” because you can’t see it or smell it, and in large concentrations it can be fatal, so having working carbon monoxide detectors is vital. The compact design means that when you plug in the carbon monoxide detector to a standard wall outlet, you'll still have space to use the second outlet. When the CO alarm detects carbon monoxide gas, 4 loud beeps will sound to alert you to the danger and a red LED will illuminate. The CO detector also features a Replacement Alert, which chirps 2 times every 30 seconds to indicate that it's time to replace the detector. For whole-home family detection, place one carbon monoxide detector on each level of your home and outside each sleeping area. UL Certified with a 10-year limited warranty. Meets requirements of UL 2034. *Based on total household installations as of December 2021. From the Manufacturer Carbon Monoxide Alarm AC Powered with Battery Back up; Tamper resistant feature; Led operation; Test reset button; Alerts user to replace after 10 years of operation; Low battery hush; Event memory; UL listed.
- Tamper Resist Feature : Unit alerts you if it has been unplugged or has come loose from the outlet
- Two LED's : Red - Illuminates when in alarm mode. Green - AC power is present, normal operation
- Test/Reset Button : Tests CO alarm circuit operation and allows you to immediately silence the alarm
- End of Life Alarm : Alerts user to replace CO alarm after 10-years of operation
- Provides peace of mind against the silent killer