New York Times Bestseller! “A must-have for any storytime.” ―Kirkus Reviews “Childlike drawings evoke each feeling with a playful style.” ―Publishers Weekly “Evocative imagery, popping with bright colors.” —School Library Journal Happiness, sadness, bravery, anger, shyness . . . celebrate feelings in all their shapes and sizes in this full-color picture book from the Growing Hearts series! Our hearts can feel so many feelings! Some make us feel as light as a balloon, others as heavy as an elephant. In My Heart explores a full range of emotions, describing how they feel physically, inside, with language that is lyrical but also direct to empower readers to practice articulating and identifying their own emotions. With whimsical illustrations and an irresistible die-cut heart that extends through each spread, this gorgeously packaged and unique feelings book is sure to become a storytime and bedtime favorite. It will not only help your little boy or girl understand his or her feelings, but you may also hear, “Read it again! Read it again!” when you think it’s time for bed. The Growing Hearts series celebrates the milestones of a toddler’s emotional development, from conquering fears and expressing feelings to welcoming a new sibling. Read them all! Hello in There: A Big Sister’s Book of Waiting In My Heart: A Book of Feelings Brave As Can Be: A Book of Courage All My Treasures: A Book of Joy In My Room: A Book of Creativity and Imagination With My Daddy: A Book of Love and Family My Little Gifts: A Book of Sharing My Tree and Me: A Book of Seasons
- IN MY HEART - This gorgeously designed book explores a full range of emotions, and how they make us feel physically using lyrical language.
- DISCUSSES A FULL RANGE OF EMOTIONS - Helps guide children through the world of complex human emotions. Happiness, sadness, bravery, anger, shyness...our hearts can feel so many feelings.
- FUN TO READ - With a host colorful illustrations and cut-out, the book engages young readers' and listeners' minds as well their as their eyes.
- A TEACHABLE MOMENT - Children often struggle with expressing their emotions in words. In My Heart gives youngsters the vocabulary to explain how they feel and opens up engaging discussions.
- DETAILS - By Jo Witek, illustrated by Christine Roussey. Hardcover, 32 pages. 2014.