Our story begins in 1919. That’s when the world was introduced to what you now know as the Hostess CupCake. It’s perhaps the first and most significant moment in the history of snack cakes. Just ask your great grandpappy. He was there. Six years later, Continental Baking wanted to add a line of cakes to sell alongside a hot little item they were making called Wonder bread. This new line of sweet treats became known as Hostess. And a brand was born. Continental hit the sponge cake gold mine in 1930 when Jimmy Dewar invented Twinkies. At two for a nickel, popularity skyrocketed and it soon became Hostess’ best-selling snack cake. Twinkies have since become an American icon. Half a billion are made each year. That’s a lot of creme filling! In the summer of 1995, Interstate Bakeries Corporation acquired Continental Baking Company. This made Interstate the largest wholesale baker of fresh delivered bread and cake in the United States. In 2009, Interstate changed its name to Hostess Brands, Inc., to better reflect our beloved brands. Fast forward to present day, and we’re continuing to turn everyday moments into small celebrations with a variety of new and classic treats like Ding Dongs, Ho Hos and Donettes, just to name a few. You can visit our products page to learn more about our delectable line of snack cake deliciousness. But please don’t ask us to pick a favorite.
- You know the signature squiggles of icing, the decadent frosting and the creme-filled core
- What you may not know is that you're currently drooling over the best-selling snack cake in the history of forever
- Enjoy Chocolate, Orange, or Red Velvet flavors, in multipack or single serve
- An incredibly tasty on-the-go snack
- Made by Hostess, baker of America's favorite snack cakes