Amazon.com This packet of reusable pie weights contains plenty of pea-size ceramic beads to cover the bottom of an unfilled piecrust, preventing the shrinking that can occur while baking. To use, press the crust into the pan, prick with a fork, line with aluminum foil or wax paper, and fill with pie weights. Bake according to crust recipe, cool, and then remove the liner and pour the weights into a colander to continue cooling. Wash the weights, and then store them in their original plastic container or in a jar. --Jennifer Harris Product Description Mrs. Anderson’s Ceramic Pie Weights prevent empty pie shells from shrinking, bubbling and buckling during the baking process. Baking empty pie shells, or blind baking, couldn’t be easier! Whether using frozen pie crust or perfecting homemade pie crust from scratch, they weigh down the bottom of the pie dough to help reduce shrinking and keep air bubbles from forming. It’s a useful addition to baking accessories, the individual beads are easy to place and arrange as needed for any pie size. Heat transfers evenly so crusts bake to a perfect golden brown. Blind bake pie crust, cool, and fill for classics like coconut cream pie, banana cream and chocolate cream pie, lemon meringue, strawberry rhubarb pie, banoffee pie, and more. Made from natural, food-safe ceramic stoneware to be strong, durable and reusable. Heat resistant to 480-degrees Fahrenheit. Includes convenient storage container. Wipe clean with a dry cloth or hand wash in warm, soapy water. Allow them to air dry thoroughly before storing. Brought to you by HIC Harold Import Co.
- Mrs. Anderson's Ceramic Pie Weights bake empty pie shells, known as blind baking, without them shrinking, bubbling or buckling
- Made from natural, food-safe ceramic stoneware; heat resistant to 480-degrees Fahrenheit; includes convenient storage container
- Individual beads are easy to place and arrange as needed; effectively weighs down pie dough to keep bubbles from forming and transfers heat evenly
- Blind bake pie crust for banana cream and chocolate cream pie, lemon meringue, strawberry rhubarb pie, banoffee pie, and more
- Easy to use; great for any size frozen and homemade pie crust; wipe clean with a dry cloth or hand wash in warm, soapy water; dry thoroughly before storing