Pack a spicy punch with some whole GUAJILLO pepper Made from dried hot red chili peppers, GUAJILLO pepper is a mildly hot seasoning usually rated at 3,000 to 5,000 Scoville units. Guajillo pepper is an important ingredient in cuisine the world over. Use it to make a rich salsa, spicy soup, or rich Guajillo sauce for many dishes and hot wings. Red Pepper (Guajillo) is the ripened, dried pod of the Capsicum Frutescens. The capsicum family of spices includes sweet, or bell, pepper, paprika and jalapeno chilies. The dried pepper is available ground or whole. The color is an orange-red to deep red and capsaicin is the main constituent producing the hot taste. It is a good all “around mexican pepper” and it has a great flavor profile. This spice is grown, dried and packaged and from the current growing season. We air dry the Guajillo peppers for the best and freshest taste. Guajillo peppers are great for dishes that you want great spicy flavor. PLEASE SEE MY OTHER LISTINGS
- Guajillo pepper is an important ingredient in cuisine the world over
- Use it to make rich salsa, spicy soup, or spicy Guajillo sauces
- Try making garbonzo beans in a rich Guajillo chilli sauce
- A favorite with aficionados of flavorful and mild spicy dishes. A must have in a Mexican kitchen.
- Better than anything purchased in the grocery store.