The mortar and pestle, it is said to be one of the most under-utilised kitchen tools around, but harnessing the potential it holds will transform your homemade meals. Here’s why you should be cooking with a pestle and mortar or molcajete bowl: #1: Major flavor potential Chopping up fresh herbs to add to your favourite Thai or Mexican recipe is a great start but just think of the scent released when you rip a bunch of basil from the bush or crush a rip avocado or fresh garlic clove. Those lovely culinary aromas are increased tenfold when you infuse all the flavors together in the belly of the mortar. The solid granite pestle can even crush and grind ingredients for cocktails and can be used for making mojitos. #2: He who holds the pestle determines the grind There is something quite satisfying in being able to decide just how fine and small you like or need your spice and salt infusion to be. If you’re making a rub for steak you may want the mixture to be quite coarse but you’ve also just realised this combination would work wonders as an addition to your mushroom sauce – and then you would want it to be a finer powder. #3: Connect to the now and live in the moment We’ve become so used to the pre-made, store-bought salsas, drizzles, spice mixes and infusions that we often simply dollop them onto our steaks and into our sauces. Understanding exactly what quantities go into a pesto allows for fine tweaking and adaptation – maybe you don’t have pine nuts today and use some macadamias instead – and help bring about entirely new culinary experiences. So add a touch of dramatic flair to your kitchen décor with our decorative granite herb grinder. Our mortar and pestle kit also makes a wonderful gift! With a 100% money-back guarantee, you've got nothing to lose. It's a no-brainer to give this product a good try. So don't hesitate ... click "Add to Cart" now!
- REQUIRED MODERN COOKING EQUIPMENT - A kitchen's ambience is defined by the aroma of herbs and spices battling against each other before they are added to a recipe. These strong flavors are unleashed when using the HiCoup Kitchenware mortar and pestle. Our giant size black and grey granite stone mortar and pestle crusher is handy for everything from cracking peppercorns and crushing tender herbs to making pesto, salsa and guacamole.
- CHEF PREFERRED - Chefs prefer traditional granite mortars and pestles over clay, ceramic, glass, marble, wooden or other stones one since granite mortar and pestle sets never fails to product the best and most delicious paste. You will discover that the fine flavors produced from food ground in the HiCoup granite mortar and pestle are far superior to the flavors of foods ground in a mortar and pestle made from other materials.
- EXCELS AT THE FULL RANGE OF TASKS - From mashing delicate herbs to grinding stubborn peppercorns, our solid, hand-carved mortar and pestle out-rivals the competition. The huge, heavy duty, and broad-based pestle needs to do little more than fall on ingredients to crush them - very little elbow grease required. And the bowl's big, extra deep sloped shape and rough matte texture keep ingredients in the centre, so there's no need to chase them around with the pestle.
- HEALTHY AND EASY TO CLEAN - Our gray granite mortar and pestle is literally rock hard, is non-porous, will not absorb flavors and odours, and its matte surface creates friction for grinding but is smooth enough to wipe clean easily. Additionally, studies have shown that granite dust, which gets into the ingredients pounded in a granite mortar and pestle, contains 5% potassium and has associated with it 16 minerals. Potassium aids the functions of the cells and different organs in our bodies.
- A HIGH-QUALITY PRODUCT BACKED BY OUTSTANDING CUSTOMER SERVICE - We'll let our reviews and seller feedback speak for themselves. We are so confident in the quality and durability of our products that we stand behind them 100% with a FREE LIFETIME WARRANTY. If something breaks or if you don't absolutely love your new granite mortar and pestle we will OFFER A REPLACEMENT and/or REFUND YOUR MONEY, no questions asked.