Amazon.com For use only with a FoodSaver vacuum sealing system, these FoodSaver bags bring industrial technology to food storage. With their large 1-gallon capacity, they'll store more than a couple of helpings, plus the bags and their contents can be frozen, boiled, or microwaved. But it's the FoodSaver vacuum sealer that will heat and seal these transparent holders, as it draws all the air out of these bags, locking in freshness while preventing freezer burn. The box contains 15 bags (each one measuring 14 by 11 inches)--enough for all that zucchini the neighbors keep bringing over from their garden. --Tony Mason Product Description FoodSaver 1-Gallon Precut Vacuum Seal Bags let you package everyday foods or individual portions. These bags are designed with channels that allow for complete air removal to preserve, protect, and prevent spoilage up to 5 times longer than nonvacuum storage methods.
- Constructed of BPA-free multi-layer material, FoodSaver bags are safe for sous vide cooking and are designed to withstand boiling temperatures
- Vacuum sealing your ingredients allows heat to better transmit to your food and ensures that packets stay submerged during the sous vide water bath
- Multi-ply material locks in freshness, prevents freezer burn, and can go straight from the freezer to a sous vide bath with no separate defrosting required
- Specially designed channels block oxygen and moisture to maximize air removal, keeping food fresh up to 5x longer than non-vacuum storage methods
- Available in a variety of sizes, FoodSaver bags are freezer-, simmer-, and microwave-safe, making them a great option for preserving and preparing meats, seafood, vegetables, and more