Amazon.com Introducing the revolutionary BRK 9120 series smoke alarms which have been redesigned from the ground up. They install faster, perform better, and are even smarter than before. All of these improvements help reduce nuisance alarms and save you time and money. BRK Electronics smoke alarms are designed to be easy to install, easy to maintain, and quality-engineered for years of virtually maintenance-free service. The 9120B AC-powered smoke alarm with battery backup includes these features: Ionization sensor which helps detect fast flaming fires that consume combustible materials rapidly. 120-volt AC inter-connectable (with maximum 18 compatible devices). The alarm can be interconnected with up to 12 other compatible smoke alarms and six compatible devices like bells, horns, repeaters and door closers. If one unit triggers an alarm, all smoke alarms in the series will sound. Power indicators show which unit in the series initiated the alarm. Latching alarm indicator which automatically identifies which unit initiated the alarm. Smart technology to reduce nuisance alarms. 9-volt battery backup for peace of mind during power malfunction. Single test/silence button which both silences a non-threatening alarm or low battery warning and allows you to test the unit's functionality. Perfect mount system including a gasketless base for easy installation and new mounting bracket that keeps the alarm secure over a wide rotation range to allow for perfect alignment. Mounting bracket lock for tamper resistance. Dust cover to keep unit clean during construction. 10-year limited warranty. All BRK Electronics smoke alarms meet UL 217 standard and are listed with the California State Fire Marshal. They use the new UL mandated repeating 85-decibel alarm horn pattern. 10-year limited warranty. This unit is approved for sale in Oregon after new revisions on law HB2586.--Bree Norlander What's in the Box One smoke alarm, one 9-volt battery, and user's manual Product Description Promote greater household safety with the First Alert 9120BFF Hardwired Smoke Alarm with Battery Backup. This 120 volt AC smoke detector uses an ionization smoke sensor to reliably detect smoke from hot, fast flaming fires and alerts you with a loud 85 decibel alarm. Designed to be wired directly into your home's electrical system, this hardwired smoke detector features a backup battery that helps keep the alarm functioning even in the event of a power outage. The gasket less mount helps ensure a perfect alignment for easy installation, while tamper resistant locking pins keep the alarm secure. And thanks to the convenient test/silence button, you can easily check whether the alarm is functioning properly and mute false alarms. This smoke alarm can integrate with up to 12 other First Alert or BRK hardwired alarms and features a latching indicator that identifies which unit triggered the alarm.
- Keep your family safe with this hardwired smoke alarm; the battery backup means constant monitoring, even if there's a power failure
- Equipped with an ionization sensor, this smoke alarm reliably detects smoke from fast-flaming fires and alerts you with an 85-decibel alarm
- To ensure complete protection make sure to place one on each level of your home and in each bedroom
- Can connect to other compatible BRK or First Alert smoke detectors, to ensure all alarms will sound when smoke is detected
- Simple to use, with a single test/silence button, and side-load battery compartment; tamper-resistant locking brackets and universal mounting brackets make installation easy
- Rigorously tested to meet UL standards.120V AC power with 9V battery backup to keep alarm functioning during power outage.