Specification： Material: Plastic and brass Feeder’s Weight: 212g Feeder’s Capacity: 16 Ounces How to use: Step 1: Screw the hanging hook into the base. Step 2: Add 12 ~ 14 oz of nectar or the following nectar recipe recommended by us to the base bowl. Step 3: Put the red top cover with petals on the base. Step 4: Add water to the centered hole until the water level is at least 1 / 2 of the height of the scupper. Step 5: Hang the humming feeder on a tree or a shady place. Recipe of making nectar right at home: ① Prepare 1 part refined white sugar and 4 parts boiling water. ② Mix the sugar and water until the sugar is dissolved. ③ Cool the solution completely and fill your feeders with it. ④ Extra sugar water can be stored in a refrigerator Recommendations for protecting hummingbirds： ① Please clean and refill the hummingbird feeder every week. And clean it more frequently if the weather is warm. ② When you make the nectar by yourself, do not add red dye. ③ Do use refine white sugar. Honey would spoil quickly while other sugars may contain levels of iron which are not good for hummingbird.
- Easy to Clean : With round and flat tray design, this clear and wide -mouth feeder is easy to clean.
- Easy to Refill: there is just only one step: pop off the red top of hummingbird feeder and fill the nectar or water.
- With Nectar Guard: Add water into the centered hole, the nectar can be well protected.
- Leak-Proof: Unlike automatic refill products, our product do not exit pressure difference, so it is leak-proof.
- Important Notice: The materials of the base are sturdy. it is advised to clean the feeder at least once a week. If the weather is warm, you can clean the feeder more frequently.