CERTIFIED ORGANIC by QAI in accordance with the USDA National Organic Program Guidelines and CERTIFIED KOSHER by EarthKosher. GMP CERTIFIED: cGMP Compliant (current Good Manufacturing Practices). Elderberries are violet to black in color which product dark, red juice. Elderberries may be baked in pies, or prepared as jam, jelly, or a preserve. The berries are also used to make wine and cordials. Elderberry is known for its antioxidant activity, to improve cholesterol, vision, heart health, and to boost the immune system.
- USES: Make pies, pastries, jams, jellies, wine, cordials & syrup. Add dried berries to tea and citrus herb blends. Boil elderberries and add to shakes, syrups, wines, jams & jelly spreads! Add dried elderberries to potpourri mixtures and floral displays. Use infusions of the berry to soothe minor skin irritations. Consume elderberry juice and syrup to give a boost to the immune system.
- ANTIOXIDANT POWER: Elderberries are higher in flavonoids than blueberries, cranberries, goji berries and blackberries. Elderberries contain chemical compounds called anthocyanidins, which are known to have immunostimulant effects (boost immune system response). ANTI-INFLAMMATORY properties of elderberries have shown to improve sinus infection symptoms, promote urination and bowel moments, and have natural diuretic effects.
- APPEARANCE AND FLAVOR: Dark purple to black berries with a sweet-tart, fruity flavor.
- 1 LB BULK PACKAGING: Come in 1 pound bag of organic elderberries, which equates to approximately 5.5 cups to the one pound bag.
- ACTIVE COMPOUNDS: Elderberries are a natural source of vitamins A, B6, iron, potassium, and are abundant In vitamin C. Elderberries also contain potassium nitrate, flavonoids (rutin and quercetin), anthocyanins, sambucin, sambunigrin, volatile oils (0.03-0.14%), palmitic acid, chlorogenic acids. Nutrients such as potassium and phosphorus found in elderberries support body function.