The EdgeStar 8,000 BTU (ASHRAE-128 Standard) / 4600 BTU (DOE 2017 Standard) Portable Air Conditioner (AP8000W) is an ultra-compact portable air conditioner that delivers a frigid blast of cold air and fits in almost any space. This compact portable air conditioner is stocked full of features. It is capable of cooling up to a 225 square foot room, while offering a dehumidifying function and three speed fan. The EdgeStar AP8000W portable air conditioner is our value choice pick for those customers that are looking for a great price, but don't want to sacrifice quality or features in their purchasing decision. This EdgeStar portable air conditioner also has an adjustable 24 hour timer, so you can set it and forget it. This is a great unit for situations in which you need a stylish unit that provides powerful cooling and versatile operation. This portable air conditioner is environmental friendly and meets new RoHS standards. RoHS, also known as the lead-free directive, stands for Restriction of Hazardous Substances. The goal of RoHS is to restrict the amount of certain toxins in electronic and electrical equipment such as lead, mercury, and cadmium. This restriction lessens the harmful impact these toxins can have on the environment and allows for the safer disposal and recycling of electronics and electrical equipment.
- 8,000 BTU (ASHRAE-128 Standard) / 4600 BTU (DOE 2017 Standard) Cools 150 to 225 Square Feet (depends on heat load)
- 24 hour programmable timer; 3 speed fan with directional air discharge louvers
- Dehumidifier function- Up to 50 pints/day; Adustable digital thermostat control
- All portable air conditioners including this one must be vented using the included hose; 55" max window kit with extendable exhaust hose up to 49" included
- Washable pre filter; One (1) replaceable carbon filter included; Rolling casters for mobility