What if a solar flare has caused all the electronic video games in the world to short circuit? this inventive creativity kit presents children with the scenario of needing to create the greatest board game of all time. With the Spark Lab invention process and cool game components such as game board, sand timer, spinner, die, markers, stencils and stickers, create a family game night classic. Best of all, you get to make the rules! Make the game as difficult or as wacky as you want, game night will never be the same. Think it! Explore it! Sketch it! Create it! Try it! Tweak it! Sell it! This new line introduces kids to the process of invention, the same process used by real inventors. Develop 21st century skills such as critical thinking and creativity in a fun, open-ended way. Ask analytical questions like how will a player win, how many players can play the game at the same time? Do I want to create a game that takes 15 minutes to play or over an hour? Each Spark!Lab Smithsonian activity presents a unique obstacle to overcome. With the Scenario in front of them and the materials provided as points of inspiration, children use the Spark!Lab invention process to create their own unique solutions. Spark!Lab Smithsonian inventive creativity kits show children the invention process can be fun and exciting even when it is challenging. This product line inspires both analytical and creative thought to show children they can do anything they set their mind to. Spark!Lab Smithsonian inventive creativity kits are designed to provide children with the same hands-on experience at home as they would enjoy when visiting the Draper Spark!Lab at the Smithsonian National Museum of American history in Washington, D.C. Since 1976, the Creativity for Kids mission has been to provide children with experiences that stimulate and encourage their natural creativity. Our open-ended products offer fun-filled opportunities for children to create, learn, pretend, and explore. Ages 8+.
- LET'S INVENT: Spark!Lab Smithsonian INVENTIVE CREATIVITY kits are perfect for the child who has ideas for cool inventions but doesn't know where to start.
- EXPLORE IT: Make a list of everything you like about your favorite games. Ask friends and family what they want in a board game. Use the Spark!Lab invention process to make your game a reality
- SKETCH IT: Use the Spark!Lab invention guide to draw out your designs. This helps inventors visualize what they are about to create. Problem solving and creativity in a fun open-ended way!
- CREATE IT: Draw inspiration from 220+ pieces of cool game components such as game board, sand timer, spinner, die, markers, stencils and stickers. Now create a new family game night classic!
- TRY IT: An exciting part of the process! Test your game with friends. Does it play exactly the way you want? Are the rules just right? if yes, congratulations! You now know the process of invention